3.29.2006

 

61

Okay, I admit defeat. Maybe I don't always know what I'm doing. Maybe I can't pull off the Dean's list for Engineering this semester. Maybe I won't have the jumble of words by saying, "My major? Applied and Enginering Physics with an Astrophysics concentration" whenever someone asks.

And slowly... I'm becoming okay with that too.

Which is why I was smiling halfway through the period today during Astro despite my um, less than par performance on our midterm exam. And while I can make excuses -- I didn't have time to study, I had three other exams that week, I'm an engineer not an astronomer... but as the class progressed, it clicked.

The stars, planets and galaxies have and will always hold a soft spot in my heart... when I look up into the sky, I see the glory of God -- I see His swirling dust clouds, His majesties, the presence of a Savior that's become undeniable. But in the eyes of an astrophysics major... I see equations. I see tidal forces, I see radiation, I see the CO2 content and the Greenhouse effect. I've lost the wonder for what I was so captured by in the first place :/

Which is why I'm more and more at peace with a withdrawel. I talked with my professor, and though he said I could still finish the course and not fail -- sometimes, it's not about that right? It's about aligning ourselves with His heart... no matter where He takes us... even if we don't know where that is.

// thanks for blue skies, waking up smiling, and a heart of joy that could only be from You... and right after i posted this, a song popped out while thinking about God, the heavens, and where we fit in... i don't think i've written a song in a long time =]



Oo something stolen from sarah, hehe.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Read through each of the following questions, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING, you must use the song that comes on.

1. How does the world see me? 21 and Invincible -- Something Corporate

2. Will I have a happy life? Overthinking -- Relient K

3. What do my friends really think of me? Shining Light -- Ash

4. Do people secretly lust after me? Like A Child -- Jars of Clay

5. How can I make myself happy? Dance -- Mercyme

6. What should I do with my life? Hover -- Five Times August

7. Will I ever have children? Just a Ride -- Jem

8. What is some good advice for me? Nothing But The Blood -- Mercyme

9. How will I be remembered? Too Many Lovers -- Matt White Band(HAHAHAHA)

10. What is my signature dancing song? Don't Think Twice -- Allister

11. What do I think my current theme song is? Through The Night -- Koo Chung

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?:Dignity and Money -- Straylight Run

13. What song will play at my funeral? Benediction -- Relient K

14. What type of men/women do you like? More Than Useless -- Relient K (hey, agreed :P)

15. What is my day going to be like? Way Away -- Yellowcard

16. Will I ever have love again? Not To Us -- Chris Tomlin



add a thought?
hahaha very interesting
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?