5.15.2005

 

may angels lead you in

Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me


it's amazing what you can find sifting through old folders on your computer. this time, i found this... i wonder when i write these. i should date them next time.

-----


"Well, I guess I'll go now. You're okay, right?"

She nodded slowly, overwhelmed still by the sincerity in their conversation. "Right..."

He sighed and slouched back down into the position he had been in for the past hour. "No, you're not... are you still mad?"

She fiddled around with her silver WWJD bracelet, then looked up. "You know I'm not mad anymore."

"... then what?"

"Nothing."

"..Are you mad at me?"

It was the same rehearsed answer. "No."

He rubbed his eyes with his hands and sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry that I started to swear.... that I yelled, that I lost my temper, I shouldn't have. I'm sorry I ran away and left things they way they were.... I'm so sorry I hurt you."

She unconsciously rocked back and forth in her seat. With the last bit of courage she could muster, she slowly lifted her eyes to match his. "I'm not mad because of those words.. or the arguments... it's just.. because you left."



add a thought? Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?