3.31.2005

 

first rejection letter

Currently Playing: Jars of Clay - Redemption


... and i realize it doesn't matter.

7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ–the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

.. moreso than anything else. and as a very cool garbage truck in california has on its bumper, 'Jesus won't ever dump you.'

the night sky is so calming. tonight, in the midst of what should be counted as loss, i took michelangelo and ran away towards a park just outside my subdivision. and as jars of clay was on repeat.. the sky seemed so big. and i felt like i could've stayed there forever, gently enveloped in the cool breeze, watching the sunset slowly fade as the stars shine brighter and brighter. and it's really not about me... as the beginning of the live version of redemption goes --

Every once in a while, you get these moments in life where you're standing in a place.. and I guess you would call it a privilege, that you're able to look back and sum up where you've been and see all the tragedies and victories and see for once they kinda make sense. Even though it's not what we would've chosen, it's where we are now and how we got here.. and it's the most amazing view sometimes. It kinda strikes a chord and hits our hearts and we realize, wow. My story is not my own, and I couldn't have written it this way. It's a good thing somebody else is writing it, 'cause there's a lot more joy and a lot more pain and it's all worth it. That's what this is about....

i'm glad You're writing my story, Dad. and i hope i'm waiting eagerly to see it unfold.



add a thought?
i always love your blog posts. they're always so encouraging and so God centered and..just good.

Jesus won't ever dump you. Man, i'm glad.

praying for you. x3
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?