1.11.2005

 

where You lead

Currently Playing: Mercyme - Where You Lead


What is life?
A thousand roads, a thousand ways
Why am I, so afraid to move..?


It's been hard to sleep lately.


Which is funny, because lately that's all I've been craving... a period of rest, a break from the physics tests and psych definitions. Sunday night, as I tried to sleep, all I could hear in my head was the rumble of what seemed like a thousand voices in raucous symphony. Warnings, fortune cookie advice, mocking laughs, piercing shrills.... some from voices I had heard earlier that day, some from ones that sounded as foreign as my hall locker at school is to me.


There was another voice. Soft - easy to overlook if you weren't looking for it. It was His... His soft, majestic, precious and holy whisper that seemed to transcend the other sounds.


Sigh.


Last night was quite a night. But through it all... You are still You. Your voice still speaks.... and it's about time that those other voices should be muted. I have no idea how to leave them behind.... but I have a feeling that I'm not supposed to. For only You.. are You.



add a thought? Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?