1.21.2005

 

did you rise the sun for me?

Currently Playing: Hillsong United - Always


Hm. I'm sitting here, typing this, listening to the Hillsong United CD and just talking online and trying to write a letter to future Wendy. Got back from a friend's going-legal party, where such conversation happened:


"I want to watch In Good Company!"
"Okay... we'll go on Monday."


Then it hits - we're second semester seniors. And while that means we'll just study a little less for tests.... until APs come up, at least, it's weird to think about. It's practically been the holy grail of the semester for so many. "Just a few more weeks, and we'll be second semester seniors..."


And now those weeks have passed, and we're here. And it doesn't feel that different? Except having a weekend that's been filled with watching the OC for the first time, Pirates, Giordanos, Harold and Kumar, Baja Fresh and drives in the snow (wow that's a lot of movies and eats). Sometimes I think I completely miss the point. The weekend so far has been... completely unplanned and filled with So what do you want to do now?'s. And me... being the usually neurotic about always having a plan with exact times and everything.... didn't worry about it :D Oo and driving in the snow for the first time... without scraping my back window. Trying to change lanes was fun.


I'm sitting here.. and realizing that I have so much to be thankful for in my silly little life. I'm so thankful that my life doesn't revolve around who's dating who like those in the OC. I'm so thankful for people, siblings, that you've put in my life to act as a Family that is just so.... God and love filled. I'm thankful for how You provide music.... like Hillsong, and the utter simplicity of their lyrics.


Can I feel You in the rain?
Abandon all I am to have You
Capture me again
Let the earth resound with praise
Can You hear as all creation lives
To glorify one name?


I'm so thankful for knowing that You're bigger than the appalling grade I got on my calc final. You've been shouting at me to get off this performance treadmill...... and if that's what it took, then so be it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend.... dwelling, basking, just being with You, Dad =)



add a thought? Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?