11.30.2004

 

on a bit of napkin

Currently Playing: For You to Notice - Dashboard Confessional


"Hi."


And from that one word, she could tell it was him. It was his voice that had comforted her so many nights when she fell asleep while telling him about the problems she had with her dad. It was his voice that would sing to her on the phone when they couldn't see each other on even a weekly basis. It was his voice, the same voice, that she hadn't heard in the past three months.


"You're probably wondering why I'm calling....."


"Oh.. no, it's okay."


"I've been thinking a lot lately." Unconsciously, she held her breath. A burst of possibilities flooded her mind, some more hopeful than others. "About... you know."


She chuckled. "Yeah. I know."


"It can't.... we can't just go back to the way things were. It... maybe too many things have happened. I dunno." He sighed. She recognized that sigh... it was the I-don't-know-what-to-do-and-it-frustrates-me sigh. She closed her eyes, hoping that the problem would slowly fade.


"I had a dream last night. In the dream... you said the same thing. That you didn't even want to be friends anymore....."


He paused. "Oh."


"I just can't figure out.... if that's my greatest fear... or my greatest desire." She opened her eyes to the reality of their broken relationship.


"I know.... I know."



add a thought? Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?